Since Christmas is almost upon us, four more days to be exact, I decided to do a post on my favorite Christmas specials and movies. These lists are in no specific order, add the year they premiered along with a review out of ten, and I also will describe why I love each movie.
1. It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
I love how you learn the backstory of George Bailey and then follow him as he struggles in the current time.
2. Elf (2003)
This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen and I watch it multiple times throughout the year because I love it so much!
3. Polar Express (2004)
As a child, my "brothers" (they were my friends who were like my brothers) and I would always watch this together while celebrating they holidays, so this has always been very special to me.
4. White Christmas (1954)
I love musicals and Bing Crosby so of course I love this movie! I recommend it to those of you who love movie musicals just as much as I do.
5. Disney's A Christmas Carol (2009)
This movie is so clever, especially with the animation style and interpretation of the characters. I have always been a fan of the novel by Charles Dickens and I feel like this did the novel justice in many ways.
6. Arthur Christmas (2011)
This movie is hilarious and I love the new way of picturing how Santa handles Christmas with a fancy ship and a control center of elves.
1. Hey Hey Hey It's Knishmas! (2008)
2. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
3. Pee-wee's Playhouse: Christmas Special (1988)
4. Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
5. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
6. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (1970)
7. Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas (2004)
8. A Pinky and the Brain Christmas (1995)
That's all for today! Happy holidays and I'll see you next year!
P.S.: Just so you guys know, next week (from December 27th to January 1st) I will be away so there won't be a blog post before the new year.